Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

awww crap, liquid cooling question

• Please log in to reply

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I think I made a mistake - it's not the end of the world, but I'd like to hear what you have to say:

I bought a an Aquagate Mini R80 from coolermaster - I got it because it was simple and affordable and you don't have to know a lot about liquid cooling to install it.

Here's the problem though - my mobo is AM2, the aquagate is only listed as compatible through socket 940. Now AM2 has 940 pins, but it's not socket 940. Does that mean that my little investment is useless? Will I be able to cram the Aquagate onto my AM2 or should I get my money back?

Advertisements

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
My mobo is an Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe btw, if that helps at all...

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
pins don't matter, it's the retention guides that you should worry about if the AM2 and the 940 has the same retention guide then you should be fine. But I would take it on the safe side and get something that's actually compatible.