Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

Killi

Killi

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hey, anyone help, ive had this problem for a while.
At random pints, when using the internet or playing games my pc goes to blue screen saying something like

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL TO

then the usual please contact bla bla bla...
could anyone help with this?
I recently reformatted my PC and everything is good but this, i had the problem once before i reformatted.

Here are my specs according to Alex Nolan's System Spec program:

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 512 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+
CPU Speed: 2195.6 MHz
Sound card: C-Media Wave Device
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (Microsoft Corporation) | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG | E: YL5855I URV102G
:
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 114.5GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 87.0GB
USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: K7VT6
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 07/19/04 | AMIINT - 10
Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: K7VT6
Modem: Not detected

Advertisements

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok, now its starting to annoy me beyond belief, its shutting down when doing simple things like listening to music or looking at pictures...

im pretty sure its not because it overheating, i rectified that problem last year...

Thanks

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
As this has happened for a while, it may be a bit tough, but do you remember adding any new hardware and/or software around the time this started? Or, did you update any drivers?

Please try to update all the drivers you can, especially for your graphics card and network adapter.

However, the problem may be hardware-related since a reformat didn't solve it. So, please run one of the memory testers in my signature (below my post, 2nd sentence). I would recommend Microsoft's memory test, which I have found to be more user-friendly, but that's just my preference. There are instructions on the links. You only need to run one pass. Are there any errors?

Edited by Pi rules, 29 July 2006 - 02:15 PM.