Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

runtime error...HELP!

• Please log in to reply

shootingmoney

shootingmoney

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have msn messenger 7.5 but it cannot be run.

When I want to start the programme,

it appears:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

Program c:/program files/ msn messenger/ msnmsgr. exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's suppport team for more information.?

After pressing ok, nothing happens, just can't open messenger.

The same case happens for Winamp, but just the pathname is different.

I tried to donwload the latest MSN Live, but I can't install it.

I don't know whether it is related to Kazaa. Since I have been using Kazaa from a few weeks ago. But just few days ago, this case happened, and I can't even use Kazaa properly. (Since I think about buying new computer the coming month, I run Kazaa without Anti-virus software, My norton has been uninstalled few months ago.)

After that, I try to download a free anti-virus software, it is AntiVir PE Classic. I run the scanning process, and deleted some trojan as suggested, but the things still remain. The same is true for Ad-ware scanning.

I try to run Hijackthis, but the I can't even execute the EXE file. It appears " Not enough memory to run, quitting".

What can I do for this???

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Kazaa will most likely have something to do with it as it bundles acres and acres worth of spyware with it which then tries to download more of the stuff the more you use it. Eventually it gets to a point where Windows says "enough already" and stops working.

Malware forum I think. :whistling: