Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i get rid of the welcome screen at start up?

• Please log in to reply

luis555

luis555

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
i dont know why but all of a sudden i started getting the welcome screen whenever i turn on or restart my computer and i dont even have other accounts, is just the administrator, how do i make it so it loads right onto the administrator??

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Visit Microsoft Update to see if service pack 1 for .net framework is offered, if so, install it, then return for the hotfix

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Or alternatively, go to Start -> Run, type in "control userpasswords2" (no quotes) and untick "Users must enter a username and password...". Click OK and on the next screen, type in the username of the account and password, then there you go.

By the way, I strongly recommend NOT using the "Administrator" account, because if that user account gets corrupt or damaged or whatever, you will have no way to get into the system afterwards.