Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sonic

• Please log in to reply

Stephen Rann

Stephen Rann

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi folks, I know that this topic has caused much interest, but not to waste a lot of time, I am no computor person, so if someone who has solved the same problem can help, I inadvertantly un installed corel photo, and now I get Windows installer, preparing to install, and then asking for me to insert sonic update manager, and I am sure you know the rest. I am frightened to download anything, but realise that I am going to have to. Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Read this website on how to fix this.

http://consumer.inst....asp?id=Q111006

SRX660

Stephen Rann

Stephen Rann

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your help geeks to go team. I had also received a reply from Dell, which was a surprise, I will try and copy it below. It may be of help to someone else with the same problem.
It did work, and I did follow your advise and inslalled the update manager, as per your E Mail
Regards Steve :whistling:

Date: 07/31/06 11:26:11
To: [email protected] [email protected]
Subject: Re: Case #: 20060729173711473 (KMM4157619I57L0KM)

Dear Mr Stephen Rann

Thank you for your email

There is are to options to resolve this one is to install the hot fix outlined below.

The other is to disable sonic software looking for updates by disabling update manager
in the sonic software.

The sonic software is not related to the corel software that you have recently installed
it is your cd/dvd writing software.

If you are receiving the Sonic Update Manager Error Message on Boot we will ask you to download and install a hotfix from the Sonic/Roxio web site in order to resolve the issue.

You can find the relevant download on the below URL.

http://tools.roxio.c...isum_hotfix.exe

Once you have logged onto the URL provided please follow the below instructions to install the update.

1.The File Download - Security Warning window appears.
Click Run

2.The Internet Explorer - Security Warning window appears.
Click Run.

3.The Sonic - ISUM Hotfix Setup window appears.
Click Yes.

4.The Sonic - ISUM Hotfix Setup window appears.
Click Yes when the reboot prompt appears.

This should completely resolve your issue, if not or if you have any further technical questions or queries please reply to this email quoting reference number 515487718 and I will do all I can to assist you.

If you have any further queries, please reply to this mail.
You may receive a separate e-mail inviting feedback on the email service you received from Dell. Dell encourage you to reply, and give us your views which we will use to improve our service to you in future.

Many Thanks
Henry Hegarty
Dell Technical Support

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
* * * PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT WHEN REPLYING * * *
* * * This is a feedback message from the Dell Online Communications Center. * * *

Customer Information:
Segment: gen
Name: [email protected] [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Service Tag: 3Q1G62J
Daytime telephone number: 0121 532 1678

System Label: XPS/Dimension 400/9150 Europe

Problem: Computer
Operating System: Windows XP
Error Text:
Problem Description: I recently un installed corel photo, and since then, when the computor is started up a box appears saying windows instaleer, and then asks for me to insert Sonic Update Manager. Can you help me please ?
Trouble Shooting Steps: