Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web browser problems

• Please log in to reply

Greg M

Greg M

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I just recently got my PC cleaned up from an infection and I've had problems occasionally JUST w/ my web browsers (IE & FireFox). Other programs such as outlook, IM, Google Desktop work just fine.

The problem is just occasionally I'll get "Page can't be displayed" or it takes a while to load, longer than normal. Most of the time the page just doesn't display. If I wait a while it will load. I never had this problem before and I'm just curious what it might be?

I've worked thru the troubleshooting offered here:
http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=123414

Thanks in advance! :whistling:

Advertisements

Greg M

Greg M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
any ideas, please!

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How do you connect to the internet? How stable is your ISP? What happens when you click refresh during a stall?
Johanna

Greg M

Greg M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have stable Internet (broadband) my other PC has no problems. Sometimes refresh will solve the problem.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Hmmm... simplest things first. Try forcing your modem. Turn off the computer and unplug the modem. Go get a cup of coffee. Reboot the computer, and when you see the Windows splash screen, plug the modem back into the outlet. This will make your modem renew its lease with the ISP. Surf and let us know if there is an improvement, or no change.
Johanna