Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer lag problems

• Please log in to reply

goregasmxxx

goregasmxxx

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer has been lagging every 5 minutes or so for the longest time now, i just cant put up with it anymore. I got fed up with this problem yesterday and factory restored. The problem appeared to be fixed because my computer loaded up faster and such. I decided to test my luck and went to attempt to watch a flash video on the internet. My computer always froze up really bad whenever i tried and still does. Whenever i try to go to websites, i get a lag, whenever i listen to music, it lags, whenever i do anything it lags. Im very frustrated and i dont kno what to do. Ive scanned my computer for spyware with spybot and adaware and i have internet protection. Anyone have any suggestions? Im very frustrated, please help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The HJT Log is here

http://www.geekstogo...s...st&p=746870

hellboy gamester

hellboy gamester

• Pip
  • 1 posts
goregasmxxx, i have had the same problem, it started with the computor lagging for a second every 2 secs, whenever i tried music or downloading, or playing cool games :)
i tried a factory restore because it got worse and very annoying. it made it stop for 2mins every 5mins, so i cant do anything :whistling:
i have no idea what to do beacause i tried the link Keith gave you, but nothing worked, if you find anything that works plz tell me :blink: :help: please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goregasmxxx

goregasmxxx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, nobody was able to help me out either, i just installed another 512 MB of RAM, it still freezes up but not nearly as often