Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Icon for website

• Please log in to reply

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Hey guys,

I really like the small icons that some websites have for their sites. They show up in the tabs in Firefox etc.

I would like to create some for some sites I'm designing. How do I go about creating them?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
It's called a favicon, and you can read all about it on Wikipedia. It even tells you how to add them to your site.

jester620

jester620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Awesome, thanks.

Thats exactly what I've been looking for.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
wikipedia CAN be pretty good, but remember anyone can write whatever they want in there

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Very true about Wikipedia, but for the most part it's a pretty reliable source for initial info. Don't do a research paper using it, but for a casual information reference it's pretty good.

jester620

jester620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Yeah, in this case it was dead-on right.

If you don't mind looking at a FrontPage designed website > check out my final product:

My Webpage

Sir Grand Funk

Sir Grand Funk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
... Umm, you need a better template. The navigation is somewhat awkward. I hate that word.. Awkward... Must be saxon derivit... "awkw"...

Anyways: http://www.w3.org

Juana

Juana

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey guys,

I really like the small icons that some websites have for their sites. They show up in the tabs in Firefox etc.

I would like to create some for some sites I'm designing. How do I go about creating them?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

you can design your icon by the adobephotos software and select color ,size ,which icon what do you want.