Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes > Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I just recently went through my cd collection and ripped them onto my computer with itunes. Now I want to stream them through my networked xbox 360, but the xbxox does not reconize the file type. I wouls just go through and do it again with WMP but there were 1000 and some songs. Im wondering if anyone knows of freeware programs that will convert the itunes file format into the windows media player format. Thanks in advance :whistling:

Edited by buknekkid407, 31 July 2006 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
This is a smoewhat tricky problem as its avoids DRM which is debatably illegal, although it is more legal than not to remove it to me.

I myself have accidentally done what you have although i meant to use AAC but forgot to turn off copy protection, what i use is winamp and the only success ive had with converting to another format is using a certain rather tricky winamp plugin as many of the apps about arent free, HOWEVER there are many websites dedicated solely to un-DRMing your aac so you can put them in something useable by the majority or non apple hardware i would look on those as they are more able to help than we are due to our TOS here.

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
So itunes puts the ddr protection on music ripped from cds too? I googled it and theres a big issue about the only program I found so i dont want to get into that. Ive never downloaded from the music store, but the ones i ripped are in mpeg4 format. Thanks for your help.