Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best place for buying computers or computer parts

• Please log in to reply

ChaosCross

ChaosCross

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I plan on buying or building a computer i know what i want and ive figured it out, i just want some recomendations from experience. In other words sites or stores in general that are believed to be the best on supplying parts, shipping, and prices for those parts.
i'd really like to hear from the higher ups about this, in the forums that is.....

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Until someone " high up " logs on, this might do

http://www.newegg.com/

bwillford

bwillford

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
i personally enjoy www.tigerdirect.com

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
can't beat newegg if you are in the states. now if you were in canada than it's NCIX all the way.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I agree with bwill and keith.

I get all my electronic things from Newegg.com or TigerDirect.com (unless it's something that doesn't really matter who it's from in which case I use Pricegrabber.com to find the lowest price, which is usually not Newegg surprisingly).

My top pick is Newegg because the prices are decent, the shipping is incredibly fast and if something is wrong, returns/exchanges are really easy.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
here is another good american site..

zipzoomfly

yeah usually seem to beat Newegg's prices, but im not so sure about service (im not american)

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I use ZipZoomFly occasionally, but besides price they are nothing special. I enjoy Newegg most because of how quickly they get it to you. I don't mind paying more as long as I get it within 2-3 days (which Newegg does).

Nothing wrong with ZipZoom, I like them, just nothing extraordinary.

ChaosCross

ChaosCross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i went to these places yeah they have good prices i like them and i had got a good configuration up too but then when i hit shipping it went from about 857 to 1197 which went out of my budget hey can i ask you guys a question im looking for a computer thats like a jack-of-all trades not specializing in any one but dipping into the different classifications of different computers enough so that i could do everything for instance:
could i use a media center type computer as a workhouse/gaming system/media center(duh)/home system is a media center type computer the jack of all trades im looking for or does that windows media center screw that up?