Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System

• Please log in to reply

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
BUT THE PROBLEM IS, WHEN I GO ON THOSE SITES AND MAKE THE SAME SYSTEM. IT COSTS A WHOLE LOT MORE!

AND BY THE WAY. HAS ANYONE EVEN LOOKED AT MYSTERYBYTE.COM?

Edited by zestron, 01 August 2006 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
the cpu is cheaper in infonec

the mobo is cheaper in Canada Computers

the card is cheaper in infonec

hard drive is cheaper in infonec

teh cooler master centurion is cheaper in infonec

BY ALL MEANS DONT buy a cheap PSU, ur risking EVERYTHING when you do that.
get the antec smartpower 450Watt, its like $60ish in infonec

the creative x-fi xtreme music is much cheaper in canada computers, AND infonec

all this imj referring to the parts in post 12

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ordering most or all from infonec will save you on shipping its usually a fairly flat rate with most comp stores. That mysterybte im sure you like being close an all but if they arent giving you the best price DONT USE THEM unless a builder can offer A. a better price or B. something special dont use them do it yourself it literaly can take two hours from boxes arriving to playing Counterstrike its not hard at all.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Go make the computer and tell me how much it comes out to be, make it the same.
Is my PSU a bad one? Its 500W!

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
http://www.resellerr...?seller_id=4627

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Wattage means diddly its Quality that counts, Antec, Enermax, Ultra and Tagan are who i would reccomend you look at others are good but you will need to research them first with thsoe companies its pretty much guaranteed to be a winner.

That reseller rating means squat to me 16 reviews in less than 6 months and nothing prior and no actual data there for me to read, you can have the best shop in the world i still wont buy from it if its expensive ive got 3 or 4 local computer shops and they are great guys in there are great to talk to about computers but i would never buy anything from them because there prices are nowhere close to what i can buy and put together myself its not there fault its the nature of their business.

You dont look at shops you look at prices if you cant get that go to your browser help page find hwo to block images and block all the logos for the computer sites so all you see is prices, prices are the holy grail these arent hand produced items they are mass produced electronics they are going to be the same parts with the same warranties no matter where you buy them so think about the price and thats what you base decisions upon. Also no body will check Mysterybyte because youve allready done it.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I wish Infonec had a Aspire X-Cruiser.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
What do I need for a mobo?

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Once I add in a mobo around $100. The system will only be about $100 cheaper. - $15 for shipping

Edited by zestron, 01 August 2006 - 07:49 PM.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
the msi k9n neo4-f is fine. the best brands for PSUs are Antec, OCZ, Enermax, Fortron group, Hiper, Tagan (but i believe this is only UK, not sure), but ultra hasnt had such a great rep so i wouldnt go with them. and also..PC Power & Cooling.

the cooler master centurion is by far better than any aspire. AND its cheaper.

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
it is only $100 cheaper, but its way better quality. for one thing the NEC 3550A is better than LG, the PSu for sure is garbae, but antec is way better. the case is better than the aspire.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
How can the case be better...

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I still think i'm going to stick with MB. Lol... My problem right now is I was about to get the computer in a few day's when somone talked about my PSU. So i need to spend $70 more... Which.. I need to earn.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
the case is better, because well, its cooler master centurion. those are great cases. with good airflow, and sleek design.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Although I have an Aspire I agree with the case thing Techie is talking about. Coolermaster is great at making sleek looking cases that are quiet and keep the inards cool.