Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NTLDR NO FOUND PRESS ANY KEY TO ....................

• Please log in to reply

uberslacker

uberslacker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I am working a friends PC with all his Papers and work hes been doing for a couple years stored on but not backed up. It started doing this after a thunderstorm but was plugged into a surge protector. I first used the windows repair consule to get the system up and running, and once again there were no backups made. Several days later his computer rebooted in the middle of his work and this is the only message I get. Trying to use the repair console now cause the system to lock up. Ive tried several windows boot disks and boot disk fixer, with no luck. Then I replaced my second hard drive with this one setting it as a slave and my computer just froze up, with my antivirus going crazy, so I decided not to risk my data to save his. My next step was trying to boot with a linux live cd to retrieve the data, but data was not availble in were using the linux disk. I am currently trying a new program called BART-PE, it is basically a windows live cd created with your original window cd. Using this I was able to run fxdisk and a few other programs. I also read to boot with a win9x disk and syn c: to fix the boot directory. Has anyone had this kind of problems for such a little (ussually easly fixed) error, does this sound more like a hard drive that has seen its better days. I dont care if I have to reformat the thing, I would just like to retrieve some key data first. Any suggestion or ideals to try would be nice.

TIA. :whistling:

Edited by uberslacker, 01 August 2006 - 01:33 PM.

Advertisements