Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Looking to go back around 2 months....long shot but is it possible?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
It depends on what the settings are. For example I have my system restore to use the max amt of space, and as of today I can restore back to May 1st of this year. You should be ok.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
It depends on what the settings are. For example I have my system restore to use the max amt of space, and as of today I can restore back to May 1st of this year. You should be ok.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
That depends on how much storage you allotted to it and how often it has created restore points since then. When it runs out of storage, it deletes the older restore points to free storage.

To change it (can use up to 12%), go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore (or right-click My Computer | Properties | System Restore tab) and click the "System Restore Settings". Choose the drive/partition, click Settings, and choose what percent of that hard drive/partition you would like to use (maximum).

To see if you can go back that far, just open System Restore, make sure the "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is selected and click Next.

Edit: Sorry about that, I didn't see the above post. I didn't type quickly enough. :whistling:

Edited by Pi rules, 01 August 2006 - 02:37 PM.