Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whatt sould i do?

• Please log in to reply

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
My Friends computer is stuffed and tomorrow i'm going to reformate his hard drive.

Is this a good idea? (SEE BELOW)

I'm install win98 on his computer.
Go to the hard drive and burn all of this doc's on cd then put the recorvery cd in and reformat!

I think it is a good idea. tell be what you think! Is it the best way?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you are sure you have the recovery discs and you know how to use them, then it's certainly a sure way of getting rid of all the rubbish on a PC and starting again with a clean and lean healthy one.

Certainly installing Win 98 is no big deal, but just make sure your friend has all his favourite applications on CD somewhere first, so he can re-install them when Windows is back up and running.

Oh, and by the way, this forum is for Windows XP problems, not Windows 98!

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if your gonna reformatt do it with windows xp service pack 2 windows 98 is not supported anymore

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thanks