Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VBA help please

• Please log in to reply

rumibudz

rumibudz

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
hi, everyone who have the time to read this.

I have certain excel file that i want to be able to write a macro in order for it to extract certain information from certain cells on different sheet. In other words, i want cell A2 from each of the three different worksheet i have under the different file. And have those data automatically update a master excel or access file whichever might be easier. This is urgent. PLease help.

Thank you very much

Advertisements

ChrisWright

ChrisWright

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Just to help in the understanding of your problem,

Is what you are wishing to do, transferring the same cell of a number of files, into differing cells of a 'Master' sheet/datebase?

Chris

rumibudz

rumibudz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi, well, basically here is the whole deal. sorry for being too vague before.

I have a template in which i am entering data and it generates a summary page, there are certain cells on the summary page in which i wish to transfer all data into one worksheet where it will go horizontally on the same row under their appropriate headings. So basically i tried to create a macro for it, but the only thing it will do is to copy the cells into the same row, and i want it to be each time when i click the button on the template after finishing entering the data, it will be entered on the next row, is that possible from VBA?

Thank you for the help anyone...

dsm

dsm

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
rumibudz,
I have attached some example code that I wrote some time ago to merge data from multiple excel files.
While it doesn't answer your query directly there should be enough comments to help you understand what is happening and you may be able use this info to create a solution to your problem.

dsm

Attached Files