Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death! help really frustrating

• Please log in to reply

colonel69

colonel69

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok everytime try to install world of warcraft it gives me this error. I get the same thing when I try to play regular warcraft 3 but at least I get to install it, But it gives me the same error when i try to play it I have more than enough memory so i know thats not it but i need help here is what the error says:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132(0x85100084)Fatal Exception
Program: C:\DOCUME~1\Colonel\LOCALS~1\Temp\Blizzard Installer Bootstrap - 0047fd31\Installer.exe

Exception: 0xc0000005 (ACcESS_VIOLATION)at 001b:004A3835
The instruction at "0x004A3835" referenced memory at "0xBE511720".

The memory could not be "read".

press ok to terminate the application.

And now im getting blue screen of death and then I well restart and blue screen of death comes up again

and again and again over and over until finally it lets me in. I dont know what to do. please help i will do

anything man im so frustrated please. I just want the restarting on its own to go away ive already disabled it its the blue screen of death that just stops my computer that i want to get rid of.!!!

Posted Image
Thanks in advance.

Edited by colonel69, 03 August 2006 - 08:35 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go back to before you tried to install the game

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Start the System Restore Utility at a command prompt

1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click 315222 to see a description of the Safe Mode Boot Options in Windows XP

colonel69

colonel69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
well i try to do a system restore but it only goes back so far like last month and the problems occured before that time period.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you get it to load and uninstall the game

Or

Load it in safe mode, click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot, let it run till it gets to the desktop, which could take an hour or so

colonel69

colonel69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
well here is the thing the game problem is ok i just need to figure out how to get rid of the restarting blue screen of deaths.