Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card not working

• Please log in to reply

doire

doire

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi,

Friend of mine wanted me to install 2 SATA drives on his pc which i have done.

To take out his old IDE i had to remove the graphics card first. Now the card doesnt seem to get power to it. The rest of the machine powers up.

Its a NVIDIA card. I dont know which type but it has Model number P177 written on it.

Any ideas why its noit powering up...alos using Model number P177...is there a way of knowing the model of the card?

There is a socket for a power connecter on it too.

Thanks

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
are all of its cables connected to it? otehr than from the monitor there should be a slim cable somewhere internnally for power i believe.

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

are all of its cables connected to it? otehr than from the monitor there should be a slim cable somewhere internnally for power i believe.

Hi there is a power connector socket on the card and i have plugged in the power into the card. Should there be another thinner cable on the same lead as the pwer connector?

doire

doire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
By the way the card is a Geforce fx 5900

The fan on the card spins for half a turn then stops.

Edited by doire, 05 August 2006 - 10:10 AM.