Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Links on Google direct to another search engine such as Lycos!

• Please log in to reply

darkshadow1227

darkshadow1227

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Everytime I search something on google, like a recipe or something, and I click on one of the links, it directs me to another search engine such as lycos with the keywords recipe in it. Why is this happening? I'm running Windows XP SP2, and Internet Explorer 6.

Advertisements

pommyb

pommyb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Everytime I search something on google, like a recipe or something, and I click on one of the links, it directs me to another search engine such as lycos with the keywords recipe in it. Why is this happening? I'm running Windows XP SP2, and Internet Explorer 6.

I am having the same problem. All virus, spyware, adware and malware scans are negative. When I have clicked on a Google search link I have been re-directed to e-bay, lycos, shipandshop and a variety of shopping related directory sites. I run Win 2000 and explorer 6. It does not do this if I use Mozilla so I tend to think it is Explorer related. Did you resolve or does anyone have an answer?