Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware infection on desktop

• Please log in to reply

kneecoal123

kneecoal123

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i have a spyware infection on my desktop. my background is blue and the spyware infection sign in a black box in the middle of the screen in red letters. how do i get rid of this spyware problem?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there kneecoal123, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

You may be infected with malware.

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

kneecoal123

kneecoal123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thank you! i ran hijackthis. copy and pasted the notepad form. now i'm waiting!
:]

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Coool, now all you have to do is be patient. A GTG Staff memeber will take a look at your log ASAP. Please remeber that these forums are very bussy and a reply to your log will take a bit of time.

Cool :whistling:

kneecoal123

kneecoal123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
alright. i'll be patient. :whistling: