Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webroot Spy Sweeper - 2 Problems

• Please log in to reply

Triple C

Triple C

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I upgraded recently to the latest version of Webroot's Spy Sweeper a couple of weeks ago and I still can't get my scheduled sweeps to take hold. I follow all of the steps in the Schedule Wizard and, when I'm done, the sweep appears in the box at the top of the Options page. I then click on the Home tab and it the Next Sweep field say "None Scheduled". When I go back to the Options tab, my scheduled sweep has disappeared.

My second issue is that I installed a video editing program on my computer. There was a Spy Sweeper alert saying that "Pixie Tool is attempting to contact a DNS server". The recommended option was to always deny that access. Now, neither the video program nor I can contact the website to register the program and received the activation code. How can I change the "always deny" setting to "always allow?"

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Could be this

http://www.castlecop...hink_Twice.html

Can you disable webroot and use the video programme