Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accessing a website exclusively designed 4 ppl in the USA

• Please log in to reply

aphelia

aphelia

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi a couple of days ago, I tried to get on Showtime from Canada, but they've put some kind of security that allows them to block ppl that are not in the United-States.

I downloaded a program called Hide IP that constantly changes your IP number and I was able to access Showtime from Canada :whistling:.

But now I ran into another website (Logo's short video section) that does something similar, we can access the site and navigate in it but we can't see the videos that they are hosting because we are not in the United-States. I've tried a lot of IP hider programs and I red about Macromedia Flash Player 8 and how I could extract the videos, but I still haven't figured out how I can view them.

Does someone know how to bypass the security so I can view the shorts without actually having to move to the States :blink: ?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Websites, especially commercial ones, do this for a reason. They do it because the content on the site is only licenced to be seen by people in a certain country. Therefore, unless you move to that country, you are officially not allowed to view that content.

MTV have clearly put security measures in place on Logo to avoid non-US viewers from viewing the videos for the above reason, as those films have been licensed only for viewing in the States.

So to cut a long story short - either go without or move across the border.

MaleqAlhaq

MaleqAlhaq

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
However, there are free Proxys that can be used. via these proxys you can access WEbSites that are specifically for one country (as they provide an IP from that country) ...