Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card compatibility

• Please log in to reply

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
:whistling: :blink: :help: my video card (SiS 330 mirage) is compatible with direct x8.0 or lower. apparently only windows 98 can have direct x 8.0, in other words i am haveing a problem whenever i run a game it says there is no 3d accelerator and i know it used to have one. also it says in my device manager there is ? mark next to video controller (vga compatible) ANY IDEAS?!?!?!?! ( My video card is a SiS 330 mirage...again)

PLZ HELP! (!) ?!?!?!?! :) :woot: :woot:

Edited by mike needs help, 05 August 2006 - 07:36 PM.

Advertisements

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
The problem is, that your SIS 330 only supports up to Direct X. 8.0.

My advice, is to get a good videocard, like Radeon 9600XT. 128mb, 9700Pro. 128mb or 9800Pro 128mb.

This, because most modern videogames, will need Direct X 9.0 to run. And that your card have about the performance of an old Geforce 2 MX videocard.

No DirecX 8 versions will work on XP.

Edited by Longhorns242, 05 August 2006 - 09:05 PM.

mike needs help

mike needs help

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
i mean if there is a way to fix the problem please tell me i am goingto buy a new one but i really want to know how ti fix this please i need to get 8.0 for xp and i need to fix the problem plz!

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
You cant get DirecX8 for xp only 9 and higher.