Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My video card views Half and half.

• Please log in to reply

WaffelXcore

WaffelXcore

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Well, i've got an 128mb, ATI 9800 pro, the prime back in it's day, and all of a sudden, my screen started to go haywire, funky colors all over the screen... i thought it was my monitor at first, then i thought it was a molex connector, but then i realized that it was my video card, or my motherboard. either one, i am too cheap to replace. i want to know, is there anything i can do before i flip out, because right now, the right half of my screen is completly fine, but the other ones got darker shadier spots, and it's driving me insane. it could be my motherboard too, i've got a dell dimension 8300, and it also keeps changing colors... idk, heres a picture of it though...

ohh wait, i just made a picture trail. athttp://www.picturetrail.com/waffelxcore ]PICTURETRAIL![/url] That has all my photos of my screen, (screenshots wouldn't work)

Any more info you guys need, just ask. because i need you're help to fix this.

AND I'VE NEVER HAD TO SHIP ANYTHING BACK BECAUSE I NEED IT REPAIRED!!

-Ian

Advertisements

WaffelXcore

WaffelXcore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it's been a day... ~!*BUMP*!~

-Ian

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
hmm do you have an older card? borrow another card from a buddy or something, plug it in and see if it works. If the problem is fixed than it's your vid card for sure. Now if the card is the problem there's a few things you could try.
1.underclock the card, atitools
2.clean the fan, heatsinks, and replace the thermal compound
3.clean the agp slot,
It could work... if not check to see if your card is still underwarranty.

I had a AIW 9800pro, bought it from futureshop after 1 yr i exchanged it for a x1600pro 512. didn't cost me a cent.

WaffelXcore

WaffelXcore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i've got a 3 year old card, i know it's pretty aged, but i think we have 5 years, because it is a dell, um. how would i clean the agp slot? because that could be the problem. um, i will try to go and find someone with a different video card. but in the mean time. i'll try cleaning the slot.

-Ian