Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti Virus Programmes

• Please log in to reply

SueInSpain

SueInSpain

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
A quick question - is is ok to have more than 2 Anti Virus programmes running at the same time? I currently have AVG and Zone Alarm but I'm interested in Comodo as a possible replacement for Zone Alarm when my subscription runs out. Thought I'd try it first and run it along side the two I have.

Advertisements

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Quick answer= No, and I wouldn't advise running 2 AV progs at the same time either. 1 good one is enough. I would stick with AVG.

SueInSpain

SueInSpain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank u :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Also, just for the future, that goes for almost all protection software... Never have more than one antivirus, spyware, or firewall program running at the same time. They tend to conflict with each other and weaken your defenses. Just a note :whistling:

SueInSpain

SueInSpain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Many thanks for the advice. Whats a good free spyware programme?? (To go with Comodo Firewall & AVG Anti Virus) :whistling:

SueInSpain

SueInSpain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I've just been reading your article on Spyware Protection - so my question answered. Brilliant site this! :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Glad to see we could help you! :whistling: Come back and see us if you have any more questions. :blink: