Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Making Alarm-type sounds

• Please log in to reply

rpandya

rpandya

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey guys,

the problem I have only comes on two occasions:

Sometimes when: I hav plugged my ipod in to the pc via usb and
everytime when: i play a game called america's army

Basically, while im playing/the ipod is in, an alarm sound comes from the computer, but its not the type that i can turn down by turning down the volume. I think it comes from the inside itself cause as i move nearer the pc the sound gets louder.

Please guys can you help as this is VERY annoying and i dont have a clue why this is happening or what it is...

why would they put in this sooooo annoying sound!

thanks guys :blink: :help: :)

ravi :whistling:

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
This could be a temperature alarm that is doing that (at least while playing Amerca's Army) is warning you that your CPU or some other component is past a specified temperature. Please download a program like [url=http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,7309;order,1;page,1;c,All%20Downloads/description.html]Motherboard Monitor. You could possibly have a faulty USB connection, so try a different port.