Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radnom restarting, lagging of video, random errors

• Please log in to reply

billabong94

billabong94

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay so I noticed that when I open a program while I am running my ATI tv wonder the video would flicker and then the audio would not be in sync. Then I noticed that my mouse would move slower too and that windows was taking about 3 times as long to load. I have also been having random restarts and hangups. My CPU is running at 45 C at idle and 53C under load for example while playing call of duty. I need help and I need it bad because I feel like its dying really fast on me and I am also obviously getting really pissed off because I have ran memtest and other programs and everything seems fine.

Advertisements

ox411

ox411

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
not that i consider myself an expert.... but i was having problems that sound exactly like you're describing. I tried a new hard drive, new RAM, a new motherboard....... when i replaced the CPU the computer started to work fine. I dont know if that will help you... but ive been running fine since i made the swap.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Your temps are fine, list your voltages 12v, 3.3v,5v, agp, vdimm and vcore
what cpu ,mobo and psu do you have?
How long did you run memtest for and were there any errors?

What other programs did you run to try and find the cause?

Rick