Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no active mixer devices

• Please log in to reply

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
none of tht stuf comes up its when i open it it comes up into my win rar thing and then its got wee files things there none of it i can do to get up the instructions u got up so i dont know what im doingwrogn :s lol

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open up my computer > open c:\ > right click in an open space > choose "new folder" > name the folder cm028_w2kxp (you may need to right click the "new folder" and choose rename...then type that name in) > open the cm028_w2kxp folder that you just created > leave that open

double click on the cm028_w2kxp.zip file (this should open winrar) > highlight all the files that show up in the winrar window > left click and drag all of those files into the cm028_w2kxp that you should still have open

open up device manager > right click on the audio device and choose update drivers > choose "install from list or specified location" > tick the "include this location in search" > in the text box there (where it says c:\) paste the following c:\cm028_w2kxp\Win_XP\drv\ then hit next..you should see it searching for files...then it should tell you that it's installed the device (hopefully)

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
is it the multimedia audio controller im ment ot go to?

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
its fine ive got it al see what happens now

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
thank you so much that worked perfect

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should be able to do the same with the video drivers that are missing as well

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
quick question before you disapear into the world of obscurity....why did you start out as laura91 and end up as ????...did you forget your logon info?

?????

?????

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
yes must have been that i wondered to lol