Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WiFi Unknown Issues

• Please log in to reply

Instant

Instant

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Well, the problem I have is quite confusing. When I got my laptop, the wireless internet was fine, and connectivity was great. I decided to upgrade from the default Norton firewall and purchased ZoneLab's ZoneAlarm Security Suite. Thats where my problems started. I couldn't connect onto my router, or actually, I could connect, but for some odd reason there was no internet activity. When I looked on the status of my adapter, it was apparently sending packets normally, but it wasn't recieving any/very few, and at a very very slow rate. It worked sometimes, which was a little werid. So I'm not positive it was ZoneAlarm's fault. I did put the settings to "this computer is a user of a gateway", or something like that. Anyways, I uninstalled ZoneAlarm Security Suite for an easier firewall. I decided to revert to McAfee's AOI center. I still seem to have that problem with my specific router. The router is a 802.11g. Another werid thing is I can connect with my neighbor's netgear router with no problem at all, which is a 802.11b. I've had no problems with that network, but I'd rather use mine :whistling: Also, I've already tried reverting to factory settings, and using an ethernet cable works. I've also looked at device manager, and the adapter seems to be working perfectly.

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Adapter: Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG
Router: Linksys WRT54G

Advertisements

larxanne

larxanne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
have u tried using another 802.11g router???

Edited by larxanne, 17 August 2006 - 01:15 PM.

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for the reply! I was able to fix this by changing the settings of the Intel Wireless adapter to only 802.11g, kinda werid but it works! Thanks!

larxanne

larxanne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
no problem :whistling: