Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xfx graphics card problems?

• Please log in to reply

dogheaven12

dogheaven12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[bleep] new to this site and trying to fix video card problem. i had a guy put a new video card in my computer and everything was great however got a very bad virus and had to reconfigure computer. i had to reinstall my XFX video card program. my old video card is attached to the motherboard so when i start my computer up the new video card comes up but then my old one takes over. so i have to put the cable on the old driver which causes my screen to not work right. i know that i need to turn off the old video card in my BIOS but i cannot find exactly where or which one to turn off. have tried no luck please help. thanks!! :blink:
ready to throw computer out window :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you can get into the bios look for where is has your PCi cards or other hardware related items( chipsets, etc). There you will be looking for onboard video that you can disable. You will be using the arrow keys to move around in the bios and the enter key will open up windows to the different areas. the up and down arrow keys is to highlight the area you want to go to and the right or left arrow key might be used to change the value. The up and down keys may let you change the value on a list that pops up. The excape key is used to get out of a window back to the main window.Once back in the main window you will probably use the F10 key to save your settings. At the bottom of the window you can look for what keys to use.

SRX660