Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Work is Spying on Me at Home!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
At work today a whole range of people were caught for using work technology inappropriately and someone far better at computers than me found the software that was detecting it on the admin network. The program is called SurfControl Enterprise Threat Shield 3.5.1. I was told how to get into the network files and had a look for myself and downloaded a text log in one of the programs system folders.

In the text file was the websites and programs that everyone had been accessing and the time and date it was accessed. At first I was OK with this until I had a look for my own username and found that on my laptop which I have paid for, not only my activities at work are logged but it also had details of my usage at home, over my own private internet network.

Whilst I was downloading this log file I also got the Admin Help File and from reading it, my understanding is that the software needs to have inbound ports 445, 139 and 3751 open and also the open outbound port 3753.

I have no problem with being monitored whilst I am at work using the work network however want to be able to block logging of my activities while I am at home, using my own network on my own computer.

If anyone has any ideas of how I could do this (possibly shutting down the ports I mentioned?) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Dominicc2003

Dominicc2003

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I hope this helps:

http://searchsecurit...x292733,00.html

Good luck.
I'm sure someone like the user "spike_hacker_inc" might be able to make a .bat file for you (2 in fact) that can open the selected ports and close them. Otherwise you could get a free macro recording program (or dish out $20 or so for one - it's well worth it for Workspace Macro Pro) and record yourself opening the ports and record yourself closing them using the method in the link above...

I'm not sure if spike_hacker_inc could do it but you can always try by asking nicely :whistling:

Dom