Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possibly still infected

• Please log in to reply

DOh23a1C

DOh23a1C

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
First of, hello, I'm completely new both to hear and to the computer forums in general...I'm usually a car-forums kinda person......Soooo, hey, if anyone needs car advise, let me know, lol.

Anyway, I don't usually have any virus or spyware programs on my computer but recently became concerned about that so I downloaded Adaware, AVG, and ewido.

Ran a scan through AVG and it found 50 instances of a "generic.dzd" trojan in the download folder for my LimeWire P2P program. Apparently they've been there for awhile I just never realized why it was saying I was sharing 50 files when I wasn't. The files themselves were completely invisible in the folder and only manifested themselves when I viewed the folder properties in the form of number of files and size of folder.
They weren't "hidden" either. But they were lurking in there somehow. So I ran the AVG software and apparently cleaned all but one of them out, yet the AVG couldn't detect it. So I deleted the whole folder.

I'm now asking: did I completely erradicate my trojan problem and are any additional ones evident based on this HiJackThis report?

Attached Files

Edited by DOh23a1C, 09 August 2006 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

DOh23a1C

DOh23a1C

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Okay. so I know it says not to "bump" your own post. but it's been over a month now and I can't help but think i've been forgotten