Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

some more wireless network trouble

• Please log in to reply

whopooted

whopooted

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok im new here and this is my first post. I'm 16 years old and i go to Crooms in Sarasota,FL. Ok now that ive intro'ed myself, i would like some help please. My younger sister forgot the admin pass on her computer so I used the security hole in windows where you reinstall the OS and while its reinstalling, you can type in Shift+F10 and blah blah change the password, you all are probably 1337 enough to know how to do it (if you want the full method, just tell me). Anyways, now after i try to go back in, the wireless network is missing its driver. So is almost everything else. Drivers are gone from everywhere. I've never studied much on drivers. I was just wanting to know if there was a download or something that would give them all back to me. My parents are mad at me now and I'm starting to get irritated. Can anyone help me please!?

Edited by whopooted, 11 August 2006 - 03:38 PM.

Advertisements

johnthunder

johnthunder

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi
You should have a driver CD that came with the hardware.
Just pop your cd in the drive and they auto load most of the time, if not then you will have to connect using a network cable to the internet and download the driver from the manufacturers website.
To do this you will need to know the make and model, this is printed on the side of the card if you cannot remember it.
Just put the details in google.
John

whopooted

whopooted

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
nah i tried the disc thing. It gives me a big, nasty COM+ error (o noes) and three .dll files are missing. I think I might need those, too, considering one of the missing dll files is inetcomm. I found it in www.dlldump.com but I dont know where to put it. C:\Documents and Settings\Windows\system32?? I dont know. Thanks for responding, john!