Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help here

• Please log in to reply

punk_111

punk_111

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi. tanks for ur help...i have a bad english so i will try to do my best ..i have install cod 2 on my xp professionnal and i have try it...first map thats was very fine all good no lagging but in some other map i had try after always lag when i look figthing people (20 vs 20 30 vs 30 40 vs 40 player no matter thats always lag) this is not my connection and it is not my configuration system cus i had read a lot before buy this game........i had read other topic about that but this doesnt help me cause i dont know exactly what to do...........sry about my bad english hard to explain u in english but plzzzzz help me

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
If you look in the pinned topics in this forum, there are two links regarding system specs and does your system meet cod2 recomendations. Please visit those.

I will need your system specifications (ram, cpu, video card)

what server are you trying to play on?

punk_111

punk_111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have geforce 4 mx440 120mo i have 1.25 go of memorie 2.00 ghz

i kno it is enought cuz the first map like carenten work very very fine never lag but several map i have dl and other map i had at start lag hard when i look the fight where all people are ??????? plzzz help me man .....and can u tell me where can i find the other topic cuz im new here tanks for help

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
your video card just isn't up to the challenge that multiplay can make go through, not to mention what some custom maps can do. For example any smoke effects can cause havok. Dust effects are even worse.

In order for you to have decent play you need to:

play the game with screen resolution no greater than 800x600 (configured through the game, options, graphics settings)

turn all of your detail down. run the game in dx7 (you cant run in dx9 because your card isn't dx9 capable).

even by doing that you may run into punkbuster kicks for fxsort=0.

For less than $100 usd you can pick up a nice ati x800gto at newegg. You would see a remarkable improvement in your gaming experience as well as performance.

I don't often recomend this as I don't like plugging my own server, but feel free to stop by
64.34.47.11. It is a custom map server. You need downloads turned on and punkbuster enabled.
http://v4v.us Visit our forums and look under cod2. We have a few postings in regards to some of the issues you might encounter or have encountered.

punk_111

punk_111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sooo i dont understand why some map(5 map) work very well (25 vs 25 players) and other map lag hard ...............and and the system requiered for co2 is 64 mb for the graphic card and i have 128mb it is suposed to be enought .??????? if i can play some map without lag why i cant play the other one (carenten work well and it is not very tiny)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
that is the MINIMUM requirment. Recomended is 256meg dx9 capable card.

as to the maps. Those that work well are designed well. those that don't work well are poorly designed.

also the more people you have on the server, the more the performance impact on the server.

punk_111

punk_111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
so what can i do??????????????i dont want buy new card so what u have to propose me to run this sevral map without hard lag

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Basically unless you get a better video card only play with the maps that dont lag.

punk_111

punk_111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for ur help but im sure i can do it without buy a new card..........on all web site it is write 64mb video card minimum and 128 recommended not 256mb [bleep] what the [bleep] i have play on my old comp at far cry without a mass lag like that and i had a 1ghz 256 mo and the same video card soooooo