Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply

chaefner

chaefner

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
So when I got on my computer this morning there was no sound. I checked the speakers, they were plugged in right and sound was turned on. Then I checked the Volume Control and i got a message saying this:
"There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware.

This program will now close."

I tried doing that but i got to the Add Hardware part and I didn't know what to do. My sound worked last night when I was on. I checked the sound cards and it said it was working properly. Have any ideas??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Check in device manager and see if it shows the sound card. If you know what sound card you have you can probably find drivers on the internet. While you are in device manager right click on the sound device and click properties. Then click on update drivers and if you still have the sound card drivers cd install them from the cd. If you downloaded the drivers you may have to double click on the file to install the drivers and put them in a folder. Use the update drivers in the properties again to find the drivers folder. Restart the computer and see if you have sound again.

SRX660

chaefner

chaefner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I actually got it myself. I dont know what was wrong with it but I went through the windows troubleshooter. The last thing i did was a Windows Update, but when my computer restarted Internet Explorer was still open to the windows update page. It said it was still checking for updates. So that kind of confused me. Anyways thanks for responding fast.