Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

NYIsles4

NYIsles4

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hey GTG!!! Just a simple little question: Can someone please provide me with the steps I need for my Windows Media PLayer to play DVD's? I had recently reset my computer and now when I try to put a DVD into my laptop it doesn't play. Thank you.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi NYIsles4!

Since you just recently reinstalled Windows on your laptop, I am figuring you don't have Windows Media Player 10 installed. You can get WMP10 from HERE.

I would also suggest that you go to Windows update and GET ALL THE CRITICAL UPDATES LISTED. Keep going back to Windows Update until there are no more Critical Updates to download.

Fenor

NYIsles4

NYIsles4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I was on the Windows site after checking out WMP when I put a DVD in and found out I needed a DVD decoder. When I got to the site, I searched for "DVD decoder" and one of the options I had was to download Nvidia, a name that looked very familiar. I wasn't going to purchase it for 15 bucks when I figured I had it on one of my installation CD's that Dell gave me when I bought my notebook. However, I couldn't find it....do you have any other ideas?

NYIsles4

NYIsles4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I have solved this problem....I need to re-install Nvidia. You can close this thread.