Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't download need help

• Please log in to reply

ATLbravesFAN

ATLbravesFAN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I'm new here,

so HI everyone

I need some help, I'll try to explain my problem.

When I try to download a program of some sort I can't.

At first the a new window opens(like it's supposed to) but then nothing else happens, The file download percentage stays at 0% and nothing else apears(like the transfer rate and the estimated time left) it stays blank.

After a few moments an error message pops up and says "Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? if so your help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you, Danny

Advertisements

larxanne

larxanne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
have u tried a download manager??? like DAP or something???

ATLbravesFAN

ATLbravesFAN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No I don't have one, Neither could I get one because I am not able to download anything.

larxanne

larxanne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
if you have another computer then download it on that, burn to disc and then install on urs.(If it works)

Instant

Instant

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Trya file transfer between IMing programs. Windows XP comes with MSN, so if you need someone to dl from, I can help maybe.

Edited by Instant, 11 August 2006 - 06:49 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, network and internet, internet options, delete files, include offline content, delete cookies, clear history