Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DEBUGGING XP

• Please log in to reply

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I have been in an ongoing battle with MS technicians to get access to a tool that will replace the horribly overly technical debugging tools downloaded from MS. If you are not a programmer, it is useless to attempt to figure it all out. I am not a programmer, so that may be my bias.

I am looking for a single, efficient, simple to use tool, that at the moment of an error message, denoting a bug, a pop-up will pop up, and it will identify the file, location of the file, and offer up a solution, which the user then can implement accordingly.

I love the error messages like... "...cannot find a necessary file..." with no indication as to which program or which file was not accessed !!! Sometimes it is just a simple registry entry to tell XP where to go to find it, but at other times the process is more involved.

Presently Dr. Watson is the player in this game, but DW logs are too long and convoluted for the "normal" user to decipher and act upon. PC-cillin has an excellent tool, that you run after the fact, but it suffers the same sin of verbosity...and like DW offers no solutions that the ordinary plod can implement.

So, any ideas...? I like to be master of my own ship, and not send it off to someone that will get all the jollies of messing with XP's head! Sending these error logs off to MS, and getting no return on the error's solution helps MS, it does not help me the user, until sometime down the road when I get rich and can afford the next MS-OS.

Contact me off-line as well as posting a reply please...

Kindest regards, Al

removed email address to prevent SPAM

Edited by coachwife6, 11 August 2006 - 05:42 AM.

Advertisements