Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

• Please log in to reply

Sgt. McCoy

Sgt. McCoy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

I tryed to uninstal premiere pro 2.0 because i had some problems but i couldn't, because it said that instalation was interrupted before complete.

Few topics ago someone had same problem with Adobe Photoshop CS2, i followed all the steps in that topic and my Premiere Pro was at same point of uninstalation as his Photoshop. In my Add/Remove Programs, Premiere Pro had 0,0000 of space and i still couldnt remove it.

I insterted the CD from which i installed it and removal didnt work. I searched and scanned computer for any Adobe, Premiere, 2.0 and i remove everything. Than i found *.msi file which was inside C:\WINDOWS directory and when i ran it, uninstalation begin, but again it said that was interrupted. Than i deleted *.msi file.

If i run CD i only have option REPAIR (which repair but program dont work at all) and UNINSTALL (which give me the same error as always).

So what should i do now to completely remove it and install it normally??

please, please help!

Simon

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
download and install the microsoft msi cleanup utility http://download.micr...1bd/msicuu2.exe

launch it and look for adobe premier. If you don't find it then let me know. If you do find it just click on it and then remove. close program. try to reinstall the software. then you can fully uninstall it.

Sgt. McCoy

Sgt. McCoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Great!

It did find a Premiere Pro 2.0 file and remove it, than i installed software again and it works properly.

But i won't uninstall it anymore. The point of uninstalation before was because some files were corrupted and repair didin't work. But it's OK now.

Thank you starjax, much apprecheated!

Edited by Sgt. McCoy, 11 August 2006 - 10:27 AM.