Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CALL OF DUTY 2

• Please log in to reply

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
you might need more ram . I installed 2gigs in my sons pc just because of some of the same issues you have and all of his games play alot better than before the upgrade . then I replaced his nvidia 6800 with a bfg 7950 gt oc and now its BOOYAH!!!... hope this helps,jim

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Superstar, if your using the ATI Radeon 9550 as stated in your signature, I would upgrade your card. I recommend NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS with 512MB DDR2.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Anyone have anymore tips on how I can run "Call Of Duty 2" on my system? It still pauses and skips here and there. They are not major skips but you know... I dunno how to set the game with lower settings on the graphics and all. Usually on older games theres a one touch button to put it on low, mid, high graphics.

PLEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH EASE

:blink: :whistling: :help: :)

To play Cod2 with "ease" as you call it you will have to upgrade the video card to a high end card. It all depends on the current settings you are using as of right now also. Have you tried lowering the video settings to low. Cod2 isnt going to run smoothly on high settings with your current video card and cpu and memory.

Your video card and system memory ammount is the main problem. Your processor isnt up to par either. Even 2ghz isnt fast as of now.

You should try getting a faster video card and upgrading to no less than 1gb of system memory. I personally would get away from that old hardware and save up for a new machine but people have there differences.

I have even seen mildly gaming pc's hiccup on call of duty 2 due to the graphics being turned up.

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Yes but where would I go to lower the settings?

I mean I'm a new gamer so I don't even know which settings to lower.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Yes but where would I go to lower the settings?

I mean I'm a new gamer so I don't even know which settings to lower.

In the graphics options on the main menu of cod2.

Lower some of the options in there and the game will get smoother but your eye candy wont be as good.

You cant hurt anything, just dont increase the resolution to high that your monitor can handle thats the only thing that could possibly mess anything up at all.

You can always get the default graphics settings back by going to the optimize / default button.

Edited by jrm20, 21 October 2006 - 12:33 AM.