Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 CD HELP!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hey, i just got a new head unit (stereo) for my car. It has MP3 CD compatability and i was wondering if there was a way to, instead of clicking thru the first 100 songs to get to the one that i want, make it so you can have each album separated on the disc in some way so i could skip from album to album. My stereo has buttons to skip albums and whenever i hit them with an MP3 CD in it goes to the same "ROOT" folder (album i guess). So i think its possible. Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. if you know a program that would allow this that would be helpful! (im using iTunes right now)

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its usually down to the player software and having correct tags on the music when you burn it that allow player software to organise tracks accordingly, although if you burn them in seperate folders for each album that might do the trick depending on how the player works.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its usually down to the player software and having correct tags on the music when you burn it that allow player software to organise tracks accordingly, although if you burn them in seperate folders for each album that might do the trick depending on how the player works.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
what do you mean by correct tags? Because when i use iTunes i expected it to be placed in groups by the album name associated with each file. and do you know about any burners that would allow me to make separate folders?

Edited by 11010110, 11 August 2006 - 11:35 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
lol i think i figured it out... im using Nero Burner now and i had to change the information and song titles for every MP3 in my library. Im hoping that this works!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I figured out that i had to make it as a data CD and just put the different albums in each folder but no matter which program that i use, or how i order the files they always come out in alphabetical order. is there any way to get around that?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
figured it out lol