Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing And Reinstalling Tcip/ip Protocol

• Please log in to reply

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
debbyski
I was glad that I could find out this info. for you you are right your running a good speed for what you phone lines can handle for your DSL at this time.
what I would do is check back with verizon in a couple of months to see if they have done the upgrades in your area and if not done when do they think it will be. So glad we could help you :D
<_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

I just got off the phone with verizon come to find out they can tell you what your dsl rates should be at in earlier post I told you my rates where at 727.3 kbits 90.9 kbytes they check my rates and told me that with the distance I'm from the main point that I can be at a 1.5m

WOW! 727kb to 1.5mb. Double your bandwidth improvement by just placing a simple phone call. Nice work Tazz! <_<

I knew phone line quality affects 56K speeds, but didn't know it had that much of an affect on DSL, or that the phone company could do that much about it.

debbyski

debbyski

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Good job Tazz,
They also told me that they will be increasing speeds to the outlying areas (which I am). I am currently at the speed you are right now, but I going to keep checking into this and in a few months and I should be getting the same speed. Awesome! I'm glad I wrote in with my problem and at least it got Tazz a much faster speed rate, so something good came out of it. <_<

Edited by debbyski, 11 December 2003 - 12:29 PM.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
HI
well verizon did what they said they would the upgrade is done.
almost to 1.5m my new test rates are 1454.5 kbits and 181.8 bytes.
it did double my speed it was 727.3 kbits 90.9bytes :D :D
Verizon <_<
:D

debbyski

debbyski

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Guess what Tazz,
I e-mailed verizon billing and I asked about the upgrades and they said since I signed up for dsl after 2003, I am currently receiving the fastest speed for my area and they won't be upgrading it, so I am jealous that you are getting that fast of a speed. Update as of 12/29/02; I finally called verizon dsl billing and was told although I am receiving 740 K right now, verizon is doing testing currently in my area to see if 1.5 M will work. If it does, verizon usually sends e-mail to the user name created when dsl was installed and asks the customer if they want to receive the upgrade. Since the 1.5 is free it's a no-brainer. However, if anyone else is like me, then the upgrade may take several months because I live in a small town. I hope this infomation is helpful to anyone else with verizon dsl. <_<

Edited by debbyski, 29 December 2003 - 12:52 PM.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi all
Just some news on verizon dsl they did almost double my speed as posted in earlier post (727.3 kbits 90.9bytes to 1454.5 kbits and 181.8 bytes) now they upgrade me more they gave me a new modem its a westell 2200 i had a westell 2100 the westell 2100 I had to click on a dsl icon on my desk top to connent to the dsl then click on IE Now with the 2200 its a always on so that means all I need to do now is click on IE and the modem as a built in firewall.
new speed test with new modem 1542kbits 192.8 bytes a little faster with the new modem :D
westell 2200
:D

VERIZON DSL <_<