Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI x1900 xtx questions...

• Please log in to reply

vika09

vika09

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Does a Ati 1900 xtx work on laptops??

i have a acer 9504, i seriously need a better card... cos i play BF2, and Fear... i need a better card than x700..

Any Ideas??

Well it doesnt HAVE to be a x1900 xtx, any other laptop graphics card that runs BF2 on high settings...

COs rite now i run BF2 at LOW!!! still get 40 FPS...

Edited by vika09, 12 August 2006 - 11:29 AM.

Advertisements

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Laptop + Internal card = Non Existent

Edited by Tru Techie, 12 August 2006 - 02:22 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What tru techie is saying is that you cant really upgrade the graphics cards on laptops as they usually dont have independant cards the GPU and memory are integrated on the laptops motherboard making them difficult to upgrade if not impossible in most cases.

An x700 is pretty good for a laptop you arent going to get much better ive never seen a x1900 mobility anyway the fastest i think is a 7900 mobile. bf2 should run well on that Fear is a push but medium settings should run well.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

COs rite now i run BF2 at LOW!!! still get 40 FPS..

I'd consider yourself lucky then. Just enjoy playing it. If you want a great looking game and great FPS, you will have to invest in a desktop to get the benefits of great video cards, simple as that in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

What tru techie is saying is that you cant really upgrade the graphics cards on laptops as they usually dont have independant cards the GPU and memory are integrated on the laptops motherboard making them difficult to upgrade if not impossible in most cases.

An x700 is pretty good for a laptop you arent going to get much better ive never seen a x1900 mobility anyway the fastest i think is a 7900 mobile. bf2 should run well on that Fear is a push but medium settings should run well.

wait....the memory isn integrated...dont most laptops use SoDIMM? u just have to find it, and find out how to get to it, and u can change it fine.

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
GPU = graphics card rite?? if yes, mine is not intergrated, the x700 is this MASSIVE (lol) card that is attached to the laptop...

Memory i dont get, is that RAM?

well, i live in thailand (the country with so much fake products, that people doubt the original ones to!), i am not really willing to buy here. BUT, if i buy from the states, which i did (my laptop) i was charged 80% or duty or somehting!!! i was like What the...!!!!!!!!!

soo... getting a 1900xtx = 500$ + where 400$ = the tax + the other parts...

There is the Mobility™ Radeon® X1800 Series (PCI-E) knowing and hoping that i have atleast 1 PCI-E slot on my MOBO!

EDIT: BTW thanx for relpying!

Edited by vika09, 14 August 2006 - 06:29 PM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
You can NOT replace the graphics card in your laptop. You'd have to buy a whole new laptop...unless you have some super laptop that nobody knows about.

As for the memory, you CAN increase your laptops memory, on most models that is possible now.

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

i get it..
well that s u c k s....... lol

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
the price for portability...........

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
very true, even though my laptop weighs around 10 pounds (5- 5.5 kilos)

Just an of topic questoin,
warriorscot has sigs like scottish and proud, and the razor user, where do you get them, i have seen many like XP user, do u guys make it on photoshop or is it available online?

Edited by vika09, 14 August 2006 - 09:51 PM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
They are called UserBars. Just google search them and you're bound to find a ton. I have a lot saved in my Photobucket album for a rainy day :whistling:

Until then I make my own sigs.

vika09

vika09

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
THANKS A LOT!!!!

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
or go to userbars.com or .net or somethingl ike that. they have a huge selection, and if u wou ld like a personal one, just PM me and i can make one for u.