Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 98SE Internet Explorer Problems!

• Please log in to reply

Mad Dog

Mad Dog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having problems with my windows 98se internet explorer and outlook express. When I am in internet explorer and goto tools and click on the windows update. the screen turns white and at the bottom of the screen it states it is Done. There is nothing on the window page. Also on my email, I can't click on any links that are on the incoming email. It just opens an identical window of the outlook express. Can anyone help me?? If I can't see the update window. I can't get the updates. Also this is happening on other sites as well. Is there an option I can change or something I can download to fix this problem???
Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!!!

Advertisements

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi there

Copy and paste the following url into your web browser:

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;323166

Follow the instructions and you will beable to download your security updates.

I use this method all the while, it's more useful than just using WindowsUpdate because you download the patches and store them for use elsewhere or at another time. Burn a CD with them on ;)

Also, you tend to read the info more, so you learn more about the security vulnerability!

I'm not sure why you can't get the windows update site if you've just installed win98se.

Are you sure it's the second edition - I've known probs accessing WindowsUpdate with the first edition

Hope the url above helps you at any rate :tazz:

daveB - LinuxWannabee

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try uninstalling IE and SP 1, then reinstall. For detail instructions on repairing IE with screen shots, see :

How to Repair IE .

Be sure to re-install SP 1.

Ron