* * JATON 3DFORCE MX4000 TWIN Geforce 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
* * Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 800MHz FSB Socket 478 Processor
* * Rosewill 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
* * NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive
* * Rosewill Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with a 400W(20+4 pin) Power Supply
* * Athenatech 18-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader
* * Encore 56Kbps Internal Fax Modem(NetoDragon)
* * SONY 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DWQ28A
* * Koutech 4-Port FireWire/1394 PCI Card
The above is for reference:
I built this system 1 year ago and it has always worked fine. The last couple of weeks it has been wanting to shut down on me in the middle of a process. If I let anything process something, within 5 minutes it would shut down (No Warning - Hard shutdown)
I was going to look at it today to find the problem. Here is what I have done.
Swapped Power Supply - Didn"t fix
Swapped Graphics card - Didn"t fix
Removed Modem - Didn"t fix
Removed 1394 Card - Didn"t fix
Reseated RAM - Didn"t fix
I was going to reseat the Processor so I took the fan and heatsink off. The heatsink was so hot, I could not hold it. I blew everything off with canned air and when it was cool again I reseated the processor and put the fan and heatsink back on. - Didn"t fix I shut off with in 3 seconds....The processor didn't have time to get hot.
Can someone give me some advice.
Thanks more than you'll ever know in advance,