Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need data recovered

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi people,

Ok, I have two harddrives and one of them has a windows that wont boot. So I havethe other one with XP installed to try and recover my data.

So from the harddrive which I 'found' and installed XP I got to My Computer> Local Disc (E:)> Documents and Settings> Administrator clicked on it and it says "Accress is denied" I do have a password on that account so that proberly why it says "Accress is denied".

So this plan of mine with the two harddrives don't seem to be working to recover my data. Can anyone please tell me how they think from what I've said above anyway to recover my data I really, really don't want to loss it theres over a years worth of data and work etc on there.

Please, please help me guys no one else seems to be able to :whistling: :blink:

Thanks all.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
can you at least get a web page if so try this program

http://www.downloadb...ives/001303.php

it should be able to help recover files and stuff

anyway you can get to safemode tapping f8

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi callard...

You may just need to Take Ownership of the files to recover them.

wannabe1

callard

callard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
THNAK YOU TO EVERYONE!

But a very, very, very, very big thank you to wannabe1 who is the best part of a life saver.

Thank you dude you have no idea how much it means to me that I am now able to get on with the repairs that need to be had to my computer (software wise anyway) and have it back to normal in a matter of hours maybe days or a day :blink:

Again thank you so much. :whistling:

Edited by callard, 12 August 2006 - 05:16 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Always glad to lend a hand... :whistling: