Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Rom not working

• Please log in to reply

fstarks74

fstarks74

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I recently restored my PC, however after I restored it, the CD Rom no longer works and when I go to Device Manager, the message " Device Status: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardward. Driver may be corrupt or missing Code 39" I am running Windows XP and haven't been able to find a driver on the Samsung website because I don't know which one to choose. There are two options Samsung 148n or 148f..not sure which one to use! Please help

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you look in the properties menu in the device manager for the drive, it doesn't give you a model number? I also find it strange that default Micrsoft drivers do not work.

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Try uninstall the driver and then install it again.

ozzy311

ozzy311

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi guys i also have this problem my cd rom & dvd roms have gone they are not in device manager or my computer can anyone help pleez i am running win xp home i have gone into bios to detect but nothing

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
While your cases are similar, fstarks74's drives show, and yours does not, so there might be some different instructions there... I suggest creating your own topic to avoid confusion.

fstarks74

fstarks74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes, there is a model number, sorry I didn't include it. It's Samsung CD-ROM SC-148, but I don't know which one to choose, 148n or 148f?

fstarks74

fstarks74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
If I uninstall it, how will I re-install it if I don't have the driver??HPDV8315LOVER