Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird error message

• Please log in to reply

shakiko

shakiko

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
ok. well , i just got my computer re-formated. i lost all of my files but im getting them back with this program called recover my files V3.98. I made it only search one type of files because my mom need her work files first. so when it finished i burned them onto a cd and turn off the computer (its been on for 36 hours scanning) The next day when i turned the computer back on i got this weired error message.

it says

Main Prosesor : AMD anthlon ™ XP 3000+
Memory testing : 458752k OK +64mb shared memory

L2 cache size :512KB
System BIOS shadow status : shadowed
System video shadoe status : shadowed
UMB upper limit segment adress :F000H
PS/2 mouse initialization status : pluged

IDE channel 0 master : master....(srry i cant read my handwriting there)
IDE channel 0 slave : NONE
IDE channel 1 master : IDE DVD rom 16xHd08
IDE channel 1slave: samsung CD R/RW....(somthing)

IDE channel 2 master : none
primary master hard disk S.M.A.R.T status bad

WARNING: IMIDIATLY BACK UP YOUR DATA AND REPLACE YOUR HARD DISK DRIVE. A FAILURE MAY BE IMMINENT/

press <f1> for setup <F2> to continue

i presed F2 and it loaded my desktop. now when i try create a foler it says:

UNABLE TO CREATE FOLDER "new folder"
file directory is corrupt and unreadable

and when i try to install ANYTHING it says system is corrupt or somthing?

can someone help? ( i am getting an external hard drive tomoro to put all my data on. and this time im going to keep a backup and update it weekly)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi shakiko...

You may be better off getting a new internal HDD...it sounds as though the current drive is headed south on you. I would suggest a new internal drive, install it as the Primary Master, and install Windows on it. You can then install the bad drive as a slave and recover the data from it directly. In any case, I wouldn't work the drive too hard or it may fail before you can get your information off of it.

wannabe1