Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chat window comes out FOLLOWED BY COMPOSE PAGE!

• Please log in to reply

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have windows XP SP2 with Windows Live Messenger. My problem is...

Whenever a chat window appears, so does the "compose" page of my hotmail account!!!!

In the "to:" textbox of the compose page that pops up, appears the address of the person I'm talking to thru the chat window, so there's definitely a relation.

This happens both when I double-click on one of my contacts to chat with them, and when I receive incoming messages after the chat window has been closed – that is, every single time that the chat window opens.
It happens automatically and whether the contact (who I'm totalk to thru the chat window) is online or offline. As soon as the chat window appears, the compose page pops up right after it and there's nothing I can do about it.

First, I assumed I had accidentally set my messenger to do this, so I checked all the tools options but I haven't found any option that was even close. I'm thinking this is some kind of virus, a weird one because I searched the web for this problem and I haven't found anyone else going thru this. I have uninstalled the WLM and installed it again, but the problem doesn't go.

Please tell me how to fix this!!!! If it's a virus, tell me what anti-virus I can use. Help me, I know that the situation, as it is now, isn't harmful, but it pisses me off! And I got no guarantee that this will not get worse.

This started to happen just today. I didn't use the computer yesterday, the weirdest thing is that I have my C: drive frozen using Deep Freeze 5
--------------------------------------------------

Other Messenger problems: I've been having this you-haven't-signed-in thing when I'm suddenly signed out, but I can sign in again easily. My sister has to deal with the plight of empty contact list once in a while (she has like 3 times the number of contacts that I have, so she freaks out).

But my main concern now is this problem I've described; the compose page pop up

I hope you can help me with this. U_U
:whistling:

Advertisements