Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restarts with Xp

• Please log in to reply

Andy B

Andy B

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I realise that many people are having the same problems, i.e. restarting of XP. However, I have reformatted my computer around 4 times in the last 2 months and I the problem persists.

Right, the problem is whenever I play high cpu requiring games my computer will restart. This includes:

Lineage II
Diablo II
StarWars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2)
City of Heros

A couple of people I've spoken to suggested hardware problems. I don't think it is the GFX card, simply because it has a chunky heat sink and 2 fans. The RAM breakdown is 1x512 and 2x256.

Occasionally get some win32 program crashes.. related?

Attached dxdiag.

BSOD info:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X80565A80, 0XF152CC94 [have also seen 0XF2331C94 and 0XF27F4C94.. some more too but haven't noted them down. The other numbers/letters are the same all the time] , 0X00000000)

Attached Files

Advertisements