Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup to slow

• Please log in to reply

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
My startup is taking to long, it take like 4 o 5min so i can use the pc, it use to be more fast, could somone help me?

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click on Clean up & Repair. Run TuneUp DiskCleaner. Delete all junk files. Afterwords, return to the Main Screen.

Click on Clean up & Repair. Run TuneUp RegistryCleaner. Fix all errors. Afterwords, return to the Main Screen.

Click on Optimize & Improve. Run TuneUp RegistryDefrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot.

After the reboot, start Tune Up again. Click on Optimize & Improve then click on TuneUp System Optimizer. Now click on Accelerate downloads and Internet surfing to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, start Tune Up again. Click on Optimize & Improve then click on TuneUp System Optimizer. In the menu to the left called "Wizards", choose System Advisor. Note some of the advice it tells you.

If that does not resolve your problem, then please download and run hijackthis Do a scan and then save a log. Take the log and ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post. In order to attach it, you will either need to change the .log extension to .txt, or you will have to put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
cool man filled out that application thing... ill give being a geek a shot :whistling:

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Here is my attached log, hope you find the problem.

Attached File  hijackthis.txt   7.28KB   114 downloads

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I see a few strange entries in the HJT log. Before I get you started to the malware forum, did Tune-Up help any?

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Yeah everything you said.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, return here and let me know if your problem is resolved. If not, I will instruct you further.

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Look i do all these stuff almost every day, what i want to know is what is making my computer slow, i would like if you saw my hi jack log because i want to know whats wrong with it, thanks and sorry for your time

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Alrighty then, let's take it piece by piece, see if we can find the problematic program(s)

Step 1

Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

On the general tab, select SELECTIVE START UP then uncheck
load system.ini
load win.ini
load startup services
load startup items

Reboot.
Is it still slow? If not, continue with the next part. If so, STOP and report back to me.

If not, Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

check load startup items
Reboot.
Is it still slow? If not, continue with the next part. If so, go to STEP 2.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup services
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load win.ini
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load system.ini
Reboot.

Report back

-------------------------------------

STEP 2

When you find the program that causes the slowness, repeating, you have arrived at the group that is causing the problem.

Leave everything as is and go to the tab with the same name as the one you just re-enabled and uncheck everything you find within the tab....reboot.

Does the probelm recur? If not, check one item and reboot, continuing until you discover the offending application/service

Then report back

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I think it got to do with the startup services.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Enable all the services, then check the box next to Hide microsoft services

Now disable the ones that are visible. Enable them one by one, restarting after each. When you find the one that slows you down, write down the name and tell it to me.